Insurance Guides

Our Guides On Insurance

Home Insurance Guides

Buildings and contents insurance is normally referred too as home insurance. It can be a combined policy or bought as 2 separate policies, that will cover damage to the house or its contents. Buildings Insurance is essential and will be a condition of the mortgage and although contents insurance is not compulsory it is strongly recommended.

Buildings Insurance

This insurance covers your house in case of damage. Typical examples of cover would include damage caused by storms, floods or fire. smoke or explosions, water leakage/burst pipes, subsidence, or even vandalism.

Contents insurance

This covers the in your house which are not fixed to the property, for example your furniture, jewellery, appliances and clothing. Most contents insurance policies will cover the contents of

your refrigerator, freezer and garden shed and give you the opportunity to insure items away from the home. Contents insurance, will normally replace lost or damaged items on a new for old basis, but it is important that you compare carefully the policy terms of any proposed policy to ensure you are buying the cover you require.

Why do I need this type of insurance?

Mortgage providers will make Buildings Insurance compulsory to ensure their security is adequately protected. Contents insurance is not compulsory but highly recommended, what would you do if all your possessions were lost in a fire and you didn't have contents cover?.

How do I apply for home insurance?

Contact one of our advisors in your area by searching here, or simply complete a no obligation online quote here which will be submitted instantly.

For your peace of mind..

See the client feedback our advisers have received ..